Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer Mentorship Component

Literal: 

1. (Know) Using google drive, link a log of specific hours and a description of your duties.

Here.

2. What is the contact name & number of where you volunteered?

I worked for Ms. Sammy Urgo. Her main office number is (213)485-2352. You may have to ask for her.

3. (Need to know) What questions were raised because of the 10 hours of experience?  List them. 

- How do different law offices respond to different cases?
- Is a law system based upon the absence of empathy the most effective one?
- How is a business most effectively run without implementation of profit maximization? [I noticed this because the office building was run by a man who barely maintained it.]
- What am I going to do?

Interpretive

4. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

The most important thing I gained from this experience was the sense of how our legal system works. In my time working, I had read many a criminal file, and I realized that our current law system revolves around the belief that in order to have a system as effective as possible, you have to disregard emotion and make it as bureaucratic as possible. This makes sense in some ways, but not in others.

Applied

5. How did what you did help you choose a topic?  Please explain.

This helped me choose a topic because I was at one point considering doing something in law, because my mother works closely in their department. However, I never knew how much bureaucracy is involved in resolving criminal cases. This helped me choose a topic, because I now know if I ever do a topic relating to law, I will very likely be doing office jobs. I now know this is not for me.


- Adrian Gallegos, proud occupant of south house.

No comments:

Post a Comment