Saturday, August 31, 2013

Blog 5 Project Reflection and Working EQ.

The Pentagon - Part I:

(1) Positive Statement: What positive thing happened as a result of what you have completed so far?
  • I have established awesome contacts. For example, I have met the following:
    • A financial stock broker well on his way to success in the corporate ladder.
    • A representative of an unnamed nonprofit organization.
    • A representative of the California Department of Education.
    • A lawyer, who happens to specialize in neuroscience and communications technology. What a strange conversation. 

(2) EQ Content:  Pick a piece of research or your interview.  How has it helped you improve your understanding of your topic?
  • Recently, I had read a massive 40 page report, which I am too stubborn to count as multiple entries in my working bibliography, and it has greatly enlightened me to California's educational situation. I have learned a great deal about state funding, the representatives, and a general understanding of how the educational system works. It's not too simple.
(3) What has worked for you so far in the senior project?
  • I have a solid basis for understanding, and I feel I am being challenged - in more ways than one. I definitely appreciate the challenge of the whole prospect of research and committing to a certain aspect of the topic. So far, So good. c:
(4) What hasn't worked so far?
  • I realize the amount of research to achieve an exemplary senior project is extremely massive, so I am sad. I have read countless research articles, and I feel I need much, much more to be adequately informed. Real issues take real research.
(5) Finding Value: 
  •  What is a potential question you would like to study this year?  (working EQ)
    • What is the most effective way to educate the socioeconomically disadvantage?
  •  What do you plan to do for mentorship?  If you haven't found a mentor yet, then discuss where you are currently looking and who you are talking to to find it.   
    •  I have found mentors, but I have not yet found a dependable one. A local stock broker which is likely my most esteemed contact has a busy schedule, so I have to do things way ahead of time. Both the representative of the California Department of Education and California Youth services cannot be contacted for another week, because both have big projects to attend to. As of now, I am also looking into family contacts and representatives of both education and nonprofit organizations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment